Created and maintained roadmaps and portfolios for their ‘Vision to Delivery’ transformation of enterprise and technical architecture. This involved the development and implementation of 7 core services and roll-out across 700 architects.
BT were facing increasing market demands for innovative consumer-oriented services. However, erosion of core architecture experience had impacted negatively on the architecture maturity within the organisation.
Working collaboratively with more than 500 BT enterprise and solution architects, bedigital managed a multi-disciplinary team of matrix-managed resources to define, develop and implement a service based Enterprise Architecture operating model. Personnel were involved from multiple suppliers and all across the business from customer-facing to board level. Our work included:
- Designing model for and supporting initial implementation of 7 new distinct services
- Baselining and tracking architecture maturity
- Implementing approaches such as TOGAF for architecture design
- Introducing open standards such as Business Motivation Modelling and Capability Modelling
- Expanding the architecture knowledgebase
- Coaching and mentoring BT architects
Greater architecture maturity led to a simpler, better controlled, more agile and cost effective basis for business innovation and successful delivery of the transformation programme.